FOCUSING ON WHAT MATTERS
Our position compels us to adopt an inclusionary approach to sustainable investing, while taking the necessary precautions and focusing on what matters. In the race to a more Sustainable Economy, we are raising our efforts where we can contribute quickly and effectively.
- Defining the interconnectedness of ESG issues.
- Dedicating assessments to risk and impact.
- Distinguishing external risk from negative externalities.
- Determining positive change over measurable targets.
Policies and Processes:
As signatories to the UN-supported PRI, we are able to
- contribute to a sustainable global financial system,
- maintain good governance, integrity, and accountability to peers,
- address ESG issues by incorporating them into our policies and processes so as to reap long-term investment rewards that benefit the environment and society as a whole.
Climate and ESG disclosure:
As TCFD supporters and TNFD Forum members, we are able to support their recommendations through our own disclosure. We use their frameworks to guide our assessments, above baseline industry-specific reporting standards. The Phillip Capital Group ESG Committee recognizes and includes other material factors necessary to assess the outcomes we seek.
Our ESG-integrated research, capital allocation and risk management processes are built upon these guiding principles and standards. Together with compatible ESG data providers, the PCM ESG Framework supports our sustainable investing strategies and helps account for and meet our double materiality objectives.
Our evaluation guides our investment decisions:
- We REVIEW inadequate efforts to take necessary action for significant sustainability changes.
- We REINFORCE transitions to a low-carbon and circular economy that seek just benefits for communities and greater gains for biodiversity.
- We REWARD commitments to global climate, biodiversity and sustainable development goals.